For me, art is instinctive and natural but not always effortless!
My public artistic career began early, at age six, winning a poster design contest. From pencil crayons and poster paints, I moved to oils and acrylics while attending high school where I affected a hyperrealist technique that eventually taxed my patience -- I was longing to develop a more expressive style. Later, while attending Art + Design college in Alberta, I experimented with other media and styles finally settling on acrylics and eventually gravitating toward impressionistic landscapes. Since moving back to the West Coast in 1990, after spending five years in Toronto, my art has appeared in galleries and public venues, solo exhibits, frequent café shows as well as private and corporate collections.
Along with a strong passion for colour, my artistic inspiration springs from omnipresent nature and movement, elements that also inform my contemporary florals or portrait commissions. Surrounded by the tranquil coastal mountains, I reside in Garibaldi Estates along the ‘Sea to Sky’ corridor pursuing my innate love of painting.
• Director, VISUALS Squamish Valley Artists Society
• North Shore Artists’ Guild (NSAG)
• Whistler Arts Council
• Recently voted Best Local Artist, for the second time, in “The Chief” newspaper Reader's Choice
• People's Choice Awards: "Girl’s Best Friend" & "Tulip Daydream", VISUALS Art at the Market
• Six interior design awards, Interior Designers' Institute of BC and Northwest Design Awards
• Outstanding Achievement scholarship, Art and Design
• Rotary Club Citizenship Award
Portico Gallery, Squamish, BC